Boredom makes women gain weight
New Delhi: Bored women are `auto-eating` their way into a bigger dress size in weeks by eating as much calories as a Big Mac in a single day, found a study.
The study of 5,000 adults, carried out by slimming aid firm APPEsat, revealed that a quarter of the food eaten each day is consumed by people who are not even hungry.
Typically, women are over-eating by 520 calories a day, piling on 7lbs – equal to a dress size – in as many weeks.
A Big Mac contains 492 calories.
Men also eat an extra 650 calories a day.
And researchers have found that boredom is the main reason for auto-eating.
Women are more prone than men, especially if they are also upset.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra