Boredom makes women gain weight
New Delhi: Bored women are `auto-eating` their way into a bigger dress size in weeks by eating as much calories as a Big Mac in a single day, found a study.
The study of 5,000 adults, carried out by slimming aid firm APPEsat, revealed that a quarter of the food eaten each day is consumed by people who are not even hungry.
Typically, women are over-eating by 520 calories a day, piling on 7lbs – equal to a dress size – in as many weeks.
A Big Mac contains 492 calories.
Men also eat an extra 650 calories a day.
And researchers have found that boredom is the main reason for auto-eating.
Women are more prone than men, especially if they are also upset.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror