Boredom makes women gain weight
Bored women are `auto-eating` their way into a bigger dress size in weeks by eating as much calories as a Big Mac in a single day, found a study.
The study of 5,000 adults, carried out by slimming aid firm APPEsat, revealed that a quarter of the food eaten each day is consumed by people who are not even hungry.
Typically, women are over-eating by 520 calories a day, piling on 7lbs – equal to a dress size – in as many weeks.
A Big Mac contains 492 calories.
Men also eat an extra 650 calories a day.
And researchers have found that boredom is the main reason for auto-eating.
Women are more prone than men, especially if they are also upset.
"Controlling what you eat is not simply a matter of willpower, it is about being aware of the desire to eat and understanding your your relationship with food," the Daily Express quoted nutritionist Mary Strugar, who coined the auto-eating term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!