Botox can treat your migraine
New Delhi: Apart from smoothing away wrinkles, Botox can also help those who suffer from frequent migraines, say experts.
Safety regulators have given all clear for the jab to be used to treat the horrendous headaches.
The injection contains a bacterial toxin that temporarily paralyses muscles.
"People think of Botox simply as something that celebrities use to smooth away wrinkles, but doctors have been using it for over 30 years to treat muscle stiffness and spasms," the Sun quoted Mark Weatherall from the Migraine Trust as saying.
"But it is only now that we have conclusive evidence that Botox really works for patients with chronic migraine.
"These people suffer from headaches on more than 15 days each month.
"This can ruin relationships, or cause them to miss school or to lose their job.
"It basically makes it impossible for them to live a normal life.
"On average, Botox halves the number of headaches that these people get. It``s not a miracle, but it can be enough to give some people their lives back."
Katie Bowers from Reading, who had been suffering from severe migraine, recently took Botox injections.
"It took about ten minutes and felt like a tiny scratch. Within days the tension had gone. I haven’t had a migraine since, and have also met my new boyfriend Laurie.
"Those jabs gave me my life back - I finally feel free," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP