With an aim to diagnose Congenital Hypothyroidism (CH) early among new borns and avert physical and mental retardation, health experts on Thursday urged the government to make compulsory the screening for CH among all new borns.
Temperature of water consumed may be as important as the amount when trying to manage thermoregulation, indicated new report.
Lemon water is considered good for our body as it helps in restoring our health and rejuvenating the entire physical system.
A new study found that whole grain diet helps to reduce the risk of developing heart disease in overweight and obese adults who are under the age of 50.
Several studies have shown the strong relationship between these disorders and later risk of developing cardiovascular disease, with high rates of mortality.
Aamir took out time from his busy schedule and also witnessed how the organisation works across the country to address the prevailing issue.
As women reach menopause their vulnerabilities to osteoporosis go up due to the sudden decrease in levels of oestrogen - a female hormone that protects bones - during this time.
Osteoporosis, which causes bones to become weak and brittle, affects more women because they tend to have thinner bones than men.
As per the World Health Organisation (WHO), H5N1 first infected humans in 1997, leading to a number of deaths.
Three ill patients who had minute chance of revival got a new life with the deceased's liver, heart and heart valves.
According to the doctors, while David's birth weight was 3 kg, the disease ravaged him, leading to malnourishment and weight loss.
A study conducted by Indian-origin researcher found that elevated levels of 'stress hormone' cortisol measured in hair can predict success rate of conceiving through In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF).
Pancreatic cancer is considered one of the most virulent forms of cancer.
Preventable risk factors like smoking and alcohol are closely associated with 11 of the 15 cancers in the US, finds a study.
The nerves we feel before a stressful event, like speaking in public, for example, are normally kept in check by a complex system of circuits in our brain.
The neurosurgery team, comprising a team of doctors comprising Santhosh George Thomas, Biji Bahuleyan and Girish K M, performed the emergency surgery by operating from both the front and back of his neck, thus establishing a 360 degree fixation.
The study identified a specific blood marker that can be used to predict which patients have the best chance to respond to the treatment.
The vaccine will be targeted against all the four serotypes of dengue virus that cause fever, headache, muscle and joint pain, rash in humans.
The research team created an eight channel smartphone spectrometer that can detect human interleukin-6 (IL-6), a known biomarker for lung, prostate, liver, breast and epithelial cancers.
Neuroscientists at MIT found that activating these brain cells stimulates overeating, and that when the cells are suppressed, appetite is also suppressed.
Tuberculosis is a potentially serious infectious disease caused by a bacterium called Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Is Hindutva a religion or way of life? SC revisits verdict
- J&K: China's flags recovered from terror hideouts in Baramullah, Kupwara
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Shocking! Nursery schools now costlier than IITs
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Brave lady sub-inspector saves girl from kidnapping in Madhya Pradesh
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Fire safety norms not followed in many hospitals of India
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- #KarwaChauth: Harbhajan Singh's hilarious tweet for all husbands will leave you in splits!
- Virender Sehwag's birthday wish to Sunny Deol is as funny as it gets from the Twitter guru
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP, blames exit on Rahul Gandhi, Prashant Kishor; Congress calls her 'traitor, migratory bird'
- Dear Zindagi teaser: Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt will make you celebrate life—Watch now
- Bipasha Basu looked like a doll on her first Karva Chauth
- Wife of national Kabaddi player commits suicide, leaves message blaming husband of torture
- Mumbai on alert after IndiGo pilot spots 'drone' near city airport
- Congress MLA suspended for remarks against Rahul Gandhi, says `I can't call a donkey a horse`
- Hizbul recruits seen hugging, laughing in new video; Srinagar scribe quizzed over links with militants