`Britain to help Maha govt to raise health infra in state`
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government will partner the UK for strengthening and upgrading health infrastructure in the state`s urban areas, state Health Minister Suresh Shetty said today.
At a meeting with British Cabinet Minister Kenneth Clarke, Shetty said Britain`s partnership would be helpful to provide state-of-the-art health services to the urban areas.
"The state government is planning to construct two hospitals in Mumbai and modernise psychiatric hospitals in Thane, Ratnagiri, Pune and Nagpur," he said.
The minister sought Britain`s co-operation in the endeavour.
Clarke was accompanied by a delegation, which comprised representatives in the health sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!