British woman gives birth in coma
London: A British woman delivered a child in coma but lost any memory of even being pregnant at the first place as she gained consciousness a fortnight later at the hospital.
Emma Mynors, 23, was rushed to a hospital after falling unconscious with pneumonia and suffering two strokes. Two weeks into the coma, she began to go into labour prematurely at 29 weeks, The Sun reported.
Nurses carrying out a routine examination of Mynors noticed that she was delivering a child. She gave birth to a baby girl naturally.
However, when she awoke two weeks later the hospital staff handed her the infant and explained what happened. Emma said: "The nurses were congratulating me. I didn`t know what they were talking about."
"I remembered I was married and had a son but had no idea I was pregnant. I hadn`t consciously pushed or had a contraction, yet my little girl was here and healthy. It seemed like a miracle."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog