Carrots make people more attractive
Those who eat fruit and vegetables such as carrots and plums are considered more attractive, say scientists.
Their research has shown that men and women whose skin has a yellow glow are thought to be particularly attractive and healthy – and yellow pigments called carotenoids, found in certain fruit and vegetables play a key role in giving the skin that hue.
Study`s co-author Ian Stephen said that just two months of increased consumption could produce visible results.
It could lead to new strategies for encouraging the young to eat more fruit and vegetables, he said.
"Telling people they might have a heart attack in 40 years` time if they don`t eat more healthily is one thing," the Daily Mail quoted him as telling The Grocer magazine.
"What we can do is say, "This is what you could look in a couple of months if you increased your fruit and veg intake",` he added.
As part of the study by St Andrews and Bristol universities, 40 volunteers rated 51 Scottish Caucasian faces for healthiness and attractiveness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test