Carrots make people more attractive
Those who eat fruit and vegetables such as carrots and plums are considered more attractive, say scientists.
Their research has shown that men and women whose skin has a yellow glow are thought to be particularly attractive and healthy – and yellow pigments called carotenoids, found in certain fruit and vegetables play a key role in giving the skin that hue.
Study`s co-author Ian Stephen said that just two months of increased consumption could produce visible results.
It could lead to new strategies for encouraging the young to eat more fruit and vegetables, he said.
"Telling people they might have a heart attack in 40 years` time if they don`t eat more healthily is one thing," the Daily Mail quoted him as telling The Grocer magazine.
"What we can do is say, "This is what you could look in a couple of months if you increased your fruit and veg intake",` he added.
As part of the study by St Andrews and Bristol universities, 40 volunteers rated 51 Scottish Caucasian faces for healthiness and attractiveness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30