Cause of pre-menstrual tension identified
London: Scientists have discovered how pre-menstrual tension, which affects an estimated 85 to 97 percent of women of reproductive age, is caused.
The finding could lead to improved treatments for the often-agonising monthly condition.
Imbalances in levels of the female sex hormone have long been linked to the monthly blues.
Now, university experts in Beijing have found that PMT is triggered by brain cells going into overdrive in the part of the brain that controls emotions, the Daily Express reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'