Celery seed recalled on salmonella fears
Washington: B&M Inc is recalling O Organics Organic Celery Seed sold in Safeway Inc stores because of possible salmonella contamination, the Mount Vernon, Missouri, company said.
Swanson Health Products also is recalling Swanson Organic Celery Seed (Whole) supplied by B&M, Swanson said.
The O Organics product is sold at all Safeway-owned stores, including Safeway, Carrs, Dominick`s, Genuardi`s, Pak `N Save, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb and Vons.
No illnesses have been reported, B&M said in a statement on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website.
Safeway`s O Organics Organic Celery Seed is packaged in a glass bottle with a net weight of 1.8 ounces. It was sold from May 25 to December 16.
Swanson said in a separate FDA statement that it was recalling celery seed packaged in plastic bottles with a net weight of 1.4 ounces.
The celery seed was sold either at the company`s retail store in Fargo, North Dakota, or online or by mail order.
Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Not allowing debate in parliament bad for democracy: PM Modi
- Uber and Pandora partner to offer music to drivers
- AirAsia India launches promotional fares starting at Rs 786 for one-way domestic trips
- Edward Snowden loses lawsuit against Norway to prevent extradition
- This summer, fight Melanoma with some simple tricks!