Check out: Five startling facts about 'death'!
Have you ever wondered what actually death is all about?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: What is that one undying fear in your life? Death is the answer. Whether you like it or not, the fact remains that we all have to face this 'dread' in our lives. Just like change is inevitable, so is death. Whoever is born has to go one fine day to a better world. There is a lot of curiosity which makes us wonder what actually death is all about.
Today, let's take a look at some facts related to death:
- It is a known fact that for at least 200,000 years, humans have been burying the dead bodies.
- We are still confused as to why we get old and die at the end. However, there is one theory which implies that some creatures are killed or die of disease before they can get old.
- Some of the leading causes of death worldwide are heart diseases, accident or deaths during childbirth.
- Have you ever wondered what happens to our brain after we die? Well, brain cells too die after few minutes of the heart stopping. Even skin cells survive up to 24 hours.
- We have always seen that dead bodies usually swell up like balloons after about four days. But do you know why? Swelling of body is manily due to the gases and liquids released by autolysis.