Cheese, dairy products may help you shed weight
Worried over excess weight? Make
sure your diet is packed with cheese and other dairy products,
as a latest study says it can help you shed those extra kilos.
Cheese has long been blamed for causing nightmares, but
it can also give a dream figure, according to researchers from
Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Australia.
They said although dairy products are widely perceived as
being fatty, they have a place in the slimmer`s shopping
The researchers who studied eating habits of a number of
slimmers put them on low-calorie diets, which included varying
amounts of cheese, yoghurt and low-fat milk.
They found that those who increased their daily servings
of dairy products from three to five lost the most weight, The
Daily Mail reported.
They also had lower blood pressure, the least tummy fat
and `significantly improved` their chances of avoiding heart
disease and diabetes, it said.
However, the researchers advocated regular exercises
though emphasised on a low-calorie diet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video