Chili pepper ingredient helps fight obesity
Washington: If you love chili peppers, you are in luck – as new research suggests it has an ingredient that helps fight fat.
The study conducted by Jong Won Yun and colleagues revealed that chilli peppers contain Capsaicin, which triggers certain beneficial protein changes in the body, causing weight loss.
It decreases calorie intake, shrinking fat tissue, and lowering fat levels in the blood.
However, how it does so is not yet known.
The study results showed an 8 percent weight loss in capsaicin-treated lab rats. They also showed changes in levels of at least 20 key proteins found in fat.
The study appears in ACS`` monthly Journal of Proteome Research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read