Chili pepper ingredient helps fight obesity
Washington: If you love chili peppers, you are in luck – as new research suggests it has an ingredient that helps fight fat.
The study conducted by Jong Won Yun and colleagues revealed that chilli peppers contain Capsaicin, which triggers certain beneficial protein changes in the body, causing weight loss.
It decreases calorie intake, shrinking fat tissue, and lowering fat levels in the blood.
However, how it does so is not yet known.
The study results showed an 8 percent weight loss in capsaicin-treated lab rats. They also showed changes in levels of at least 20 key proteins found in fat.
The study appears in ACS`` monthly Journal of Proteome Research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress