Chili pepper ingredient helps fight obesity
Washington: If you love chili peppers, you are in luck – as new research suggests it has an ingredient that helps fight fat.
The study conducted by Jong Won Yun and colleagues revealed that chilli peppers contain Capsaicin, which triggers certain beneficial protein changes in the body, causing weight loss.
It decreases calorie intake, shrinking fat tissue, and lowering fat levels in the blood.
However, how it does so is not yet known.
The study results showed an 8 percent weight loss in capsaicin-treated lab rats. They also showed changes in levels of at least 20 key proteins found in fat.
The study appears in ACS`` monthly Journal of Proteome Research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report