China allocates $48.6 mn for avian flu control
Beijing: China has allocated 303 million yuan ($48.6 million) to control H7N9 avian flu, authorities said.
China`s Ministry of Finance (MOF) said Wednesday it has allocated 303 million yuan ($48.6 million) from the central coffers to better prevent human infections of the H7N9 avian flu, reported Xinhua.
The money will be used to subsidize projects aimed at monitoring cases of H7N9 infection, influenza-like illnesses, severe acute respiratory infection and unexplained pneumonia, the ministry said in a statement Wednesday.
In another move, the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security has ordered authorities to allow medical insurance programmes to cover more medicine and services for H7N9-infected patients to reduce the financial burden on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!