China bird flu toll rises to 32
Beijing: One more person died Thursday in central China`s Henan province due to the H7N9 avian influenza, bringing the nationwide death toll to 32, officials said.
The 56-year-old man surnamed Cui died in the provincial capital of Zhengzhou, two weeks after his infection was confirmed, Xinhua cited the health bureau as saying.
Cui suffered from fever for one week before being admitted to a hospital in critical condition.
His condition became critical, as he also suffered from hypertension, coronary heart disease and a cerebral infarction.
The man had no direct contact with birds, but there were bird cages hanging in the corridor of the building he lived in.
Henan has reported four H7N9 cases. The other three patients have since recovered.
According to the National Health and Family Planning Commission, 129 human infections have been reported from across the country.
The commission says there has been no sign of human-to-human transmission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love