China reports four more bird flu deaths, toll rises to 31
Beijing: Four more people have died in China from a new strain of bird flu, bringing to 31 the number of deaths from the H7N9 virus, with the number of infections rising by two to 129.
Two people died in Jiangsu province besides one each in Zhejiang and Anhui provinces, taking toll to 31 in the two- month long crisis.
The number of cases also has gone up to 129 with detection of two more cases in Fujian province.
While there is no specific treatment, Chinese doctors say many patients are responding to treatment mostly confined to administering of drugs used for the previous bird flu attacks.
The Chinese government has ordered the speeding of finalising the vaccine in cooperation with the World Health Organisation, (WHO).
Both the Government and WHO ruled out human to human transmission.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India