China suspends wild bird sales over avian flu
Beijing: Chinese government has ordered suspension of wild bird sales in a bid to prevent spread of the H7N9 bird flu.
The State forestry administration Thursday urged local authorities to beef up epidemic surveillance and suspend transactions of wild birds, Xinhua quoted an emergency notice as saying.
It also directed to ban close contact between humans and animals in the zoos.
Besides, the notice has asked concerned authorities to train staff in the treatment of animals, died from unidentified diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!