China suspends wild bird sales over avian flu
Beijing: Chinese government has ordered suspension of wild bird sales in a bid to prevent spread of the H7N9 bird flu.
The State forestry administration Thursday urged local authorities to beef up epidemic surveillance and suspend transactions of wild birds, Xinhua quoted an emergency notice as saying.
It also directed to ban close contact between humans and animals in the zoos.
Besides, the notice has asked concerned authorities to train staff in the treatment of animals, died from unidentified diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas