China suspends wild bird sales over avian flu
Beijing: Chinese government has ordered suspension of wild bird sales in a bid to prevent spread of the H7N9 bird flu.
The State forestry administration Thursday urged local authorities to beef up epidemic surveillance and suspend transactions of wild birds, Xinhua quoted an emergency notice as saying.
It also directed to ban close contact between humans and animals in the zoos.
Besides, the notice has asked concerned authorities to train staff in the treatment of animals, died from unidentified diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations