Combo of aerobics, weight training can help beat diabetes
London: A new research has revealed that the new workout regime that includes combination of both aerobic exercise and weight training could have a major impact on beating diabetes.
The experts at the University of Vienna assessed that the effects of aerobic exercise such as swimming, resistance exercise such as using gym weight machines and a combination of the two on blood sugar control, blood pressure and blood fats, the Daily Express reported.
The study found that aerobic exercise was more effective in controlling blood sugar and fasting glucose than resistance training in the patients with established diabetes but a combination of the two had a far bigger impact on the disease.
Lukas Schwingshackl said that further high quality with long-term exercise interventions were needed to develop definitive recommendations.
However, the research also suggested having supervised workouts for higher benefits.
The study is published in the journal Diabetologia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown