Combo of aerobics, weight training can help beat diabetes
London: A new research has revealed that the new workout regime that includes combination of both aerobic exercise and weight training could have a major impact on beating diabetes.
The experts at the University of Vienna assessed that the effects of aerobic exercise such as swimming, resistance exercise such as using gym weight machines and a combination of the two on blood sugar control, blood pressure and blood fats, the Daily Express reported.
The study found that aerobic exercise was more effective in controlling blood sugar and fasting glucose than resistance training in the patients with established diabetes but a combination of the two had a far bigger impact on the disease.
Lukas Schwingshackl said that further high quality with long-term exercise interventions were needed to develop definitive recommendations.
However, the research also suggested having supervised workouts for higher benefits.
The study is published in the journal Diabetologia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH