Conjoined twins` family undecided on surgery
Patna: The family of 16-year-old conjoined twins in Bihar will take the final decision on surgically separating them after the girls are examined at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi.
"We`ll take the final decision to separate Saba and Farah only after knowing what the doctors say about their chances of survival," Mohammad Tamanna, the father, said here Tuesday.
Tamanna told IANS that if the doctors at AIIMS said that one of the girls would not survive after the operation, they would not go for the surgery.
"Our stand is clear. We`re not ready to lose one of them to save another," he said.
The Supreme Court had Monday asked the Bihar government to make arrangements to bring the teenaged twins by air ambulance from Patna to Delhi for treatment at AIIMS.
Earlier, on the directions of the apex court, the central government formed a three-member team of doctors to examine the possibility of surgically separating the sisters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you