Couples sleeping less than an inch apart are happier!
London: Do you cuddle your spouse or inch away from her to the other side of the bed in sleep? The position in which you sleep with your partner reveals a lot about the relationship strength.
Partners who sleep less than an inch apart are far more likely to be happy, research shows.
The happiest couples are those who sleep face to face while touching.
“Over 90 percent of couples who spent the night in contact with one another were happy with their relationship, compared to just 68 percent of those that did not touch,” said Richard Wiseman, a psychology professor at University of Hertfordshire in Britain.
The study, involving 1,100 people, said that nearly 42 percent of couples sleep back to back.
People who sleep very close to their partners are more likely to be extroverts.
The study also found that people who lie curled up are likely to be indecisive, anxious and sensitive to criticism.
Those who sleep with their knees drawn up are unlikely to take extreme stances, the study added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday