Cream with electric charge to treat skin wrinkles
London: Fret not for your wrinkled skin. Beauty-conscious people can now have a cream that can rejuvenate facial muscles with electric current.
Based on the method of "bio-electricity", the cream uses electrical micro-currents to lift facial muscles and stimulate new collagen, in a way similar to the traditional electrical facelifting treatments.
Skin cells naturally communicate and stimulate, repair and regeneration via tiny electrical currents. These currents are stronger in young skin, and weaken as we age.
Using this concept, US scientists at Johnson & Johnson, parent company of the skincare giants RoC and Neutrogena, found a way to harness the power of natural bio-electricity in a pot. And both the companies launched new high-tech skin creams which claim to do just this, Daily Mail reported Monday.
Described as a "true revolution in skincare", RoC`s Brillance range contains E-Pulse Skin Electro-Stimulation Technology, which is protected by no less than 10 US patents, while Neutrogena`s Clinical Skin Care contains a patented ion2 complex.
Both claim to rejuvenate skin in a similar way - by producing low level micro-currents to boost collagen, making skin appear firmer, smoother and less wrinkled.
"Diminished bio-electrical signalling has been observed in older skin. These changes may affect the balance of healthy turnover in the skin, resulting in visible signs of aging like wrinkles and sagging skin," said dermatologist Jane Khoury, who worked with Neutrogena.
The company says results can be seen in just two days. But not everyone is convinced that these new bio-electricity creams can live up to their promises.
Dermatologist Russell Emerson said: "Skin cells do communicate using electricity, but I don`t think a topical cream can work at cellular level in the way these companies claim."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre