Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bad breath is a huge turn-off. No one likes to hear it and many people, out of politeness don't say it.
Having bad breath could put anyone in an embarrassing situation, including those who have to bear the odour.
The problem is often caused by a buildup of bacteria in the mouth that causes inflammation and gives off noxious odors or gases that smell like sulfur, or maybe worse.
It is hard to tell for yourself if you have bad breath and things can get worse if you do (remember embarrassing situations?).
Also known as halitosis or malodor, bad breath can become a problem due to various reasons, the most common one being bad oral hygiene or other medical conditions, such as diabetes, respiratory tract infections, chronic bronchitis, liver or kidney disease and digestive disorders such as acid reflux.
Medical aid is evidently available, but wouldn't it be better if you could fix the problem at home?
There are certain things you could do at home to curb bad breath issues. Scroll down to find out!
1. Drink tea (green and/or black).
2. Use mouthwash containing zinc ions or essential oils. Avoid those with alcohol content.
3. Chew on herbs like fresh rosemary, parsley, mint, or tarragon to freshen your breath.
4. Use a tongue scraper to get rid of residual dead cells, food and bacteria.
5. Drink lots of fluids throughout the day in the for of soup, fresh fruit juice and of course, water.
6. Snack on a lot of crunchy foods like apples, carrots and celery.