Daily drinking, ticking time bomb for women
Sydney: Regular intake of alcohol poses hidden health risks in women and it may not surface until decades later, it has been revealed.
Experts are worried about daily drinking: the insidious alcohol affliction of middle-aged women, which rises in prevalence the older women get, Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Experts said whereas the ill effects of binge drinking were immediately apparent, the health risks of a few glasses of wine each night could remain hidden for 20 years.
Daily drinking can lead to osteoporosis, liver disease and cancer. One fifth of breast cancers are attributable to alcohol. Drinking also increases the risk of anxiety and depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics