Daily drinking, ticking time bomb for women
Sydney: Regular intake of alcohol poses hidden health risks in women and it may not surface until decades later, it has been revealed.
Experts are worried about daily drinking: the insidious alcohol affliction of middle-aged women, which rises in prevalence the older women get, Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Experts said whereas the ill effects of binge drinking were immediately apparent, the health risks of a few glasses of wine each night could remain hidden for 20 years.
Daily drinking can lead to osteoporosis, liver disease and cancer. One fifth of breast cancers are attributable to alcohol. Drinking also increases the risk of anxiety and depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you