Dark chocolate ‘protects skin against sun’s ageing effects’
Melbourne: Dark chocolate can protect the skin against the ageing effects of the sun, says a new research.
According to scientists, who carried out the study at European Dermatology London, a private Harley St skin clinic, a daily portion of choco bar might also lower the risk of skin cancer.
But it only works with dark chocolate that is very high in flavanols, the antioxidants that occur naturally in cocoa beans, reports The Herald Sun.
In the research, scientists found that participants who ate flavanol-rich chocolate could tolerate more wrinkle-causing UV light on their skin than those who ate a lower-flavanol chocolate.
The researchers said: "The main mechanism is likely to be the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. But conventional chocolate had no such effect."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court