Delhi has two more swine flu deaths, 53 new cases
New Delhi: Two people suffering from swine flu died Tuesday while 53 others tested positive for the virus here, taking the toll in the city to four and total number of cases to 510 this year, an official said.
"Fifty-three people where tested positive for swine flu and two deaths have been reported today (Tuesday) from Apollo Hospital and Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital," a doctor of the Delhi Health Service (DHS) told.
According to doctors, there has been a sudden spurt in the number of cases in 2013. In January alone, there was one death and 39 cases, while February so far has seen three deaths and 471 cases.
According to the Delhi government, only 78 cases and one death were reported in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men