Delhi to launch AIDS awareness campaign
New Delhi: The Delhi government has decided to launch a programme to spread awareness on HIV/AIDS, an official said Monday.
The decision was taken in a meeting of Delhi State Aids Control Society, chaired by Health Minister A.K. Walia.
"He stressed the need to intensify information, education and communication programmes to create awareness on HIV/AIDS prevention," the official said.
According to government figures, there are 23,000 HIV-positive people in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites