Delhi tops in H1N1 cases, maximum deaths in Gujarat
New Delhi: Gujarat tops the country with 196 deaths due to the H1N1 virus while Delhi has reported the maximum number of 1,507 cases of swine flu so far this year.
With a total of 4,868 laboratory confirmed cases were reported in the country during the year leading to 610 deaths till July 26, Gujarat has reported a total of 1,031 cases and is followed by Rajasthan with 852 cases and 163 deaths.
In Delhi, which has reported the maximum cases, 16 lives have been lost so far, according to Health Ministry data made available today.
Maharashtra has reported 413 H1N1 cases and 90 deaths have taken place there due to the virus.
Haryana reported a total of 448 cases with 41 deaths while Punjab reported a total of 183 cases and 42 deaths. Madhya Pradesh reported a total of 105 cases with 31 deaths.
In Uttar Pradesh, as many as 74 cases of H1N1 were reported and 8 deaths took place due to the virus.
The swine influenza A (H1N1) was reported in 2009 after which the WHO declared it a pandemic. So far, the virus has claimed thousands of lives across the world.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents