Delhi walks for breast cancer awareness
New Delhi: In order to create awareness about breast cancer, the Indian Cancer Society Sunday organised a walk in the national capital.
Themed "Walk with Mom - Walk For Breast Cancer Awareness in Young Women", the walk drew over 3,000 participants from among general public, patients, caregivers, survivors, well-wishers, students from schools and colleges, NCC cadets and army personnel, a statement said.
The walk, which covered an area of three km was flagged off by Planning Commission member Sayeda Hameed.
"Breast cancer is much more aggressive in younger women and the mortality rate is also higher. Therefore, prevention of breast cancer assumes more importance," says Jyotsna Govil, secretary, Indian Cancer Society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch