`Dementia cure could be out in 7 yrs`
Washington: UK`s Secretary of State for Health, Jeremy Hunt, has said that drugs companies believe that they would have found a cure for dementia by 2020.
He said that the answer in the cure for Dementia lay in DNA mapping, claiming that it could also unlock a treasure trove of info to help tackle diseases from dementia to cancer, the Daily Express reported.
Plans are under way for the UK to become world`s first country to map the personal DNA code called genome of up to 100,000 patients.
Hunt told the annual conference of the Local Government Association in Manchester that the project will be the medical equivalent of the invention of the internet in terms of its significance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Fardeen Khan SLAMS body shamers, hits back with an open letter—Read full text
- Meet the ladies of 'Housefull3' in a brand new POSTER—See inside
- Amitabh clears air about NDA's 2-year anniversary event, says only hosting segment on girl child campaign
- 'Banjo' motion poster: Watch the brilliant backdrop flavoured with powerful Indian beats!
- Five brilliant tips on age management!