`Dementia cure could be out in 7 yrs`
Washington: UK`s Secretary of State for Health, Jeremy Hunt, has said that drugs companies believe that they would have found a cure for dementia by 2020.
He said that the answer in the cure for Dementia lay in DNA mapping, claiming that it could also unlock a treasure trove of info to help tackle diseases from dementia to cancer, the Daily Express reported.
Plans are under way for the UK to become world`s first country to map the personal DNA code called genome of up to 100,000 patients.
Hunt told the annual conference of the Local Government Association in Manchester that the project will be the medical equivalent of the invention of the internet in terms of its significance.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!