`Dementia cure could be out in 7 yrs`
Washington: UK`s Secretary of State for Health, Jeremy Hunt, has said that drugs companies believe that they would have found a cure for dementia by 2020.
He said that the answer in the cure for Dementia lay in DNA mapping, claiming that it could also unlock a treasure trove of info to help tackle diseases from dementia to cancer, the Daily Express reported.
Plans are under way for the UK to become world`s first country to map the personal DNA code called genome of up to 100,000 patients.
Hunt told the annual conference of the Local Government Association in Manchester that the project will be the medical equivalent of the invention of the internet in terms of its significance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM