Dengue cases climb to 1,862 in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Thursday confirmed 51 more dengue cases, taking the total number of those infected to 1,861 in the state this year.
The highest 12 cases have been reported from the coastal district of Kendrapada followed by Cuttack which reported eight cases Thursday, a senior health official told IANS.
The death toll due to the mosquito-borne disease has, however, remained at six as no person has died of dengue since the last week of October, the official said.
The government has breathed a sigh of relief as the number of patients has declined in worst-hit regions of Ganjam and Balasore districts.
"Earlier, we were getting reports of 20 to 30 positive cases from these regions daily which have come down to one or two," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder