Dengue cases climb to 1,862 in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Thursday confirmed 51 more dengue cases, taking the total number of those infected to 1,861 in the state this year.
The highest 12 cases have been reported from the coastal district of Kendrapada followed by Cuttack which reported eight cases Thursday, a senior health official told IANS.
The death toll due to the mosquito-borne disease has, however, remained at six as no person has died of dengue since the last week of October, the official said.
The government has breathed a sigh of relief as the number of patients has declined in worst-hit regions of Ganjam and Balasore districts.
"Earlier, we were getting reports of 20 to 30 positive cases from these regions daily which have come down to one or two," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video