Dengue cases cross 600 in Delhi, most zones affected
New Delhi: Dengue appears to be fast spreading in the national capital with 31 fresh cases being reported today, taking the total number of cases this season to 611.
Two people have succumed to dengue ever since the disease began spreading in the capital early this month.
Except civil lines and city zones, all other 10 zones reported fresh cases today with Shah (South) area topping the list with 8 cases.
According to the data released by three Municipal Corporations of Delhi, one case was reported from Haryana today.
South Delhi Municipal Corporation reported the maximum number of cases at 234, while 211 cases were detected from the North Delhi Municipal Corporation area. 144 cases have so far been reported from East Delhi Municipal Corporation.
Other cases were reported from NDMC and Delhi cantonment area.
Out of the 611 cases, six cases have been reported from outside Delhi.
Last year, the capital saw 216 cases of dengue, including eight originating from outside, and three deaths. In 2010, there were 4,108 cases, including 24 from outside, and five deaths while the figures for 2009 were 29 dengue cases and no deaths.
In 2008, there were 550 dengue cases and two deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand