Dengue cases cross 900 mark in NCR
New Delhi: With 38 new cases reported Sunday, the raging dengue in the city and its neighbourhood crossed 900 patients mark. Two deaths were reported in the last two days, officials said Sunday.
Though the temperature is dipping, the vector-borne disease is still targeting people.
As many as 901 cases have been reported in the capital and its neighbourhood in the past two months. Of these, nine cases have been reported from other states, official data from all three municipal corporations in the capital said.
Two deaths took place here while two other deaths of dengue patients were reported from Uttar Pradesh and Haryana in the past two days. A 42-year-old woman lost her life to suspected dengue fever at a Noida hospital and a 10-year-old girl suffered multi-organ failure due to the vector-borne disease in Gurgaon.
The municipal corporations in Delhi claim they were doing their best to check mosquito breeding.
?All three corporations of Delhi are taking all steps to prevent the disease. Regular fogging and house checking are being conducted by our officials,? said an officer of North Delhi Municipal Corporation.
South Delhi Municipal Corporation leads with 335 cases, North Delhi Municipal Corporation has reported 297 while the East Delhi Municipal Corporation has 234 cases so far. As many as 26 cases are from New Delhi Municipal Council and Delhi Cantonment areas and the remaining in NCR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez