Dengue cases cross 900 mark in NCR
New Delhi: With 38 new cases reported Sunday, the raging dengue in the city and its neighbourhood crossed 900 patients mark. Two deaths were reported in the last two days, officials said Sunday.
Though the temperature is dipping, the vector-borne disease is still targeting people.
As many as 901 cases have been reported in the capital and its neighbourhood in the past two months. Of these, nine cases have been reported from other states, official data from all three municipal corporations in the capital said.
Two deaths took place here while two other deaths of dengue patients were reported from Uttar Pradesh and Haryana in the past two days. A 42-year-old woman lost her life to suspected dengue fever at a Noida hospital and a 10-year-old girl suffered multi-organ failure due to the vector-borne disease in Gurgaon.
The municipal corporations in Delhi claim they were doing their best to check mosquito breeding.
?All three corporations of Delhi are taking all steps to prevent the disease. Regular fogging and house checking are being conducted by our officials,? said an officer of North Delhi Municipal Corporation.
South Delhi Municipal Corporation leads with 335 cases, North Delhi Municipal Corporation has reported 297 while the East Delhi Municipal Corporation has 234 cases so far. As many as 26 cases are from New Delhi Municipal Council and Delhi Cantonment areas and the remaining in NCR.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram