Dengue death toll reaches five in Delhi
New Delhi: The toll due to the dengue viral disease Monday rose to five in the national capital with a death reported from west Delhi. The number of dengue cases climbed to 3,519, an official said.
The latest death was reported from Rajouri Garden in west Delhi, where a 17-year-old girl, Yashica Narang, died of dengue.
The others who have so far succumbed to the virus in the national capital, as confirmed by authorities, are Phool Singh, 47, of west Delhi's Ashok Nagar; Priyanka Shankar, 21, of north Delhi's Pratap Nagar; Priya Jha, 6, of south Delhi's Okhla; and 35-year-old Gautam Priyanka, a resident of Kishangargh in west Delhi.
The number of dengue cases has climbed from 3,298 Thursday to 3,519 Monday. Of this, 3,482 cases were reported from the national capital while the rest were of patients from adjoining areas seeking treatment in Delhi.
In the north corporation, the number of cases has risen to 1,621, while the south and east corporations have 981 and 773 cases, respectively.
The number of dengue cases this year has already surpassed the earlier record of 2,093 cases in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'