Dengue outbreak, 4 confirmed cases
Itanagar: Four persons were confirmed of being affected in an outbreak of dengue from Pasighat in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Four out of 118 blood samples collected from the people of district headquarters and nearby areas were confirmed as affected by dengue by the Dibrugarh (Assam)-based ICMR, while 40 samples showed infection by scrub typhus, official sources informed here today.
A drastic rise in the number of fever cases in the area had prompted the district hospital authority to collect blood samples and send them for tests.
Dengue is a viral infection transmitted by the bite of Aedes Aegypti mosquito, which breeds in dirty water pools
A team of entomologists from the Naharlagun-based health services directorate have started working to trace the cause of the fever cases, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?