Dengue outbreak, 4 confirmed cases
Itanagar: Four persons were confirmed of being affected in an outbreak of dengue from Pasighat in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Four out of 118 blood samples collected from the people of district headquarters and nearby areas were confirmed as affected by dengue by the Dibrugarh (Assam)-based ICMR, while 40 samples showed infection by scrub typhus, official sources informed here today.
A drastic rise in the number of fever cases in the area had prompted the district hospital authority to collect blood samples and send them for tests.
Dengue is a viral infection transmitted by the bite of Aedes Aegypti mosquito, which breeds in dirty water pools
A team of entomologists from the Naharlagun-based health services directorate have started working to trace the cause of the fever cases, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab