Diarrhoea claims one life, 700 people affected
Barasat: One person has died and around 700 affected by diarrhoea in North Dum Dum municipal area of North 24 Parganas district, official sources said on Thursday.
Chief Medical Officer Health (CMOH) of North 24 Parganas Prahlad Acharya said a 72-year old man died today as his kidneys stopped functioning due to severe dysentery.
The CMOH said around 62 people have been admitted to the Infections Disease (ID) Hospital in Kolkata and another 40 have been admitted to North Dum Dum Municipal Hospital.
A medical camp was held today at Pratapgarh in the area to treat diarrhoea affected people, he said.
Contaminated water may be responsible for the outbreak of diarrhoea in the areas of ward no 11 of North Dum Dum municipality, the CMOH added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY