Diet beverages important tool to help reduce calorie intake
Washington: Numerous studies have repeatedly demonstrated that diet beverages, as well as low-calorie sweeteners, help reduce calorie intake.
Losing or maintaining weight comes down to balancing the total calories consumed with those burned through physical activity.
A new study looks at a single 24-hour dietary recall only, rather than total diet over time. It also fails to take into account physical activity levels.
This paper's findings that overweight and obese adults consume diet beverages comes as no surprise; many trying to lose weight look for ways to reduce calories, including with their beverage choices.
The CHOICE study confirms that diet beverages can be an important tool in helping reduce calories and directly counters the illogical assertion that drinking diet beverages causes people to eat more or to want sweet foods and beverages.
A paper published in Nutrition Bulletin also showed that "using foods and drinks sweetened with aspartame ... is an effective way to maintain and lose weight without losing the palatability of the diet."
The study is published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!
- Delhi-NCR emerges leader in job creation among 8 cities
- Rahul Gandhi holds 'Mashal Juloos' protest against AAP govt; attempts to corner PM Modi
- We have alternative for Finmeccanica's torpedos: Manohar Parrikar