Diet plan for healthy kidneys
Kidneys are one of the most important organs of our body that serves as a natural filter of the blood. Not many realize that with the change in lifestyle and food habits, kidneys disease too have increased. Awareness about proper nutrient food and healthy eating plan can keep the disease away.
Here are some of the kidney friendly foods that should be included in your daily intake.
Cabbage: High in Vitamin K, Vitamin C and fiber that prevent or stop cancer cell growth in lung, colon, breast, prostate and ovarian cancers.
Cauliflower: High in Vitamin C and a good source of folate and fibre, it helps the liver neutralize toxic substances that could damage cell membranes and DNA.
Garlic: Helps prevent plaque on the teeth, lowers cholesterol and reduces inflammation.
Onion: It is low in potassium and a powerful antioxidant as it reduces heart disease. It is also a good source of chromium (mineral that helps with carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism).
Spinach: A rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, E, K protein that helps in keeping kidneys healthy.
Pumpkin: It is low in calorie and helps in painful kidney problems.
Root vegetables such as Carrots, Radish also cure kidney related problems.
Apple: It reduces cholesterol level in the blood and prevents constipation.
Cranberries: They contain proanthocyanidin which is an antioxidant that help flush out toxins.
Watermelon, Cucumber, Mangoes are few other fruits which help in curing kidneys related diseases.
Pineapple: It contains calcium, potassium, fibre and Vitamin C. It is low in fat and cholesterol.
Pomegranate: It is very low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. It is also a good source of dietary fibre and folate, and a very good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
Egg Whites: Egg whites provide the highest quality of protein with all the essential amino acids. For the kidney diet, egg whites provide protein with less phosphorus than other protein sources such as egg yolk or meats.
Fish: Provides high-quality protein and contains anti-inflammatory fats called omega-3s. It helps in lowering LDL cholesterol and raises HDL cholesterol.
Meat: Although rich in phosphorous but needed due to rich protein content.
Olive oil: It is a great source of oleic acid, an anti-inflammatory fatty acid. The mono unsaturated fat in olive oil protects against oxidation.
Coconut oil: It not only prevents develop a liver and kidney disorder, but also heals and restores its good condition. Because of its detoxifying effect, it helps in elimination of unwanted elements in the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft