Disposable wet shave razors put health at risk
London: Researchers have warned that every time a person shaves, they put their health at risk. And not just from cuts.
Experts have warned, that men removing stubble every morning and women smoothing their legs are in danger from bacteria on blades.
Disposable wet shave razors can harbour up to five million bugs, tests by anti-bacterial technology specialists Microban Europe found.
“Because of heat and moisture, bathrooms are ideal breeding grounds,” the Daily Express quoted Microban’s Paul McDonnell as saying.
Bacterial infection can irritate hair follicles on the face and legs and result in shaving rashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?