Docs warn against dangerous `cinnamon challenge` trend
London: American doctors have warned that the famous `Cinnamon Challenge`, which involves swallowing a teaspoon of cinnamon in one go, could be more harmful than fun.
The `Cinnamon Dare`, which has been attempted by many youngsters on Youtube, involves trying to swallow one teaspoon of cinnamon without water, often while being filmed,.
But a report has revealed that 30 US teenagers had to undergo medical treatment after ingesting the spice last year.
The report also claimed that cinnamon, which is made from tree bark, can cause scarring in the lungs.
Other symptoms can include choking, throat irritation, respiratory trouble and collapsed lungs.
There is no suggestion eating cinnamon in small quantities is harmful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Lenovo ZUK Z1 to be launched in India on May 10
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016