Docs warn against dangerous `cinnamon challenge` trend
London: American doctors have warned that the famous `Cinnamon Challenge`, which involves swallowing a teaspoon of cinnamon in one go, could be more harmful than fun.
The `Cinnamon Dare`, which has been attempted by many youngsters on Youtube, involves trying to swallow one teaspoon of cinnamon without water, often while being filmed,.
But a report has revealed that 30 US teenagers had to undergo medical treatment after ingesting the spice last year.
The report also claimed that cinnamon, which is made from tree bark, can cause scarring in the lungs.
Other symptoms can include choking, throat irritation, respiratory trouble and collapsed lungs.
There is no suggestion eating cinnamon in small quantities is harmful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!