Doctors fix baby’s brain aneurysm with superglue
New York: Surgeons at the University of Kansas Hospital sealed a 3-week-old baby`s life-threatening brain aneurysm with a dollop of superglue.
Ashlyn Julian was born on May 16. Her parents, Gina and Jared Julian, said she was a healthy newborn.
However, in a matter of days, Ashlyn went from being a quiet but tired baby to one who was screaming and vomiting.
Doctors discovered an aneurysm the size of an almond on little baby`s brain.
Doctors at the University of Kansas Hospital discovered the she had an almond-sized aneurysm in the middle of her brain.
Surgeons used the smallest adult catheter they could find and a strand of microwire to put super glue on baby Ashlyn`s aneurysm, the New York Daily News reported.
The unconventional method of using super glue to repair Ashlyn`s aneurysm worked, and the 3-week-old is on the road to recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men