Does consuming citrus food lower risk of hemorrhagic stroke?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A new study suggests that people who consume food rich in Vitamin C, especially citrus foods, then they are at a lower risk of suffering from hemorrhagic stroke.
Vitamin C is very beneficial in curing numerous ailments like cold symptoms, boosting immunity, helping in healing of wounds and what not.
It is majorly found in fruits and vegetables like oranges, papaya, broccoli etc.
The study was conducted on 65 people who had at some point of time experienced an intracerebral hemorrhagic stroke, or a blood vessel rupture inside brain.
Now, when these people were compared to 65 healthy people, the results show that 41% percent of cases had normal levels of vitamin C, 45% showed depleted levels of vitamin C and 14% were considered deficient of the vitamin. This indicates that Vitamin C deficiency should be considered a risk factor for severe type of stroke.
The study will be presented at the American Academy of Neurology's 66th Annual Meeting in Philadelphia.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur