Does consuming citrus food lower risk of hemorrhagic stroke?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A new study suggests that people who consume food rich in Vitamin C, especially citrus foods, then they are at a lower risk of suffering from hemorrhagic stroke.
Vitamin C is very beneficial in curing numerous ailments like cold symptoms, boosting immunity, helping in healing of wounds and what not.
It is majorly found in fruits and vegetables like oranges, papaya, broccoli etc.
The study was conducted on 65 people who had at some point of time experienced an intracerebral hemorrhagic stroke, or a blood vessel rupture inside brain.
Now, when these people were compared to 65 healthy people, the results show that 41% percent of cases had normal levels of vitamin C, 45% showed depleted levels of vitamin C and 14% were considered deficient of the vitamin. This indicates that Vitamin C deficiency should be considered a risk factor for severe type of stroke.
The study will be presented at the American Academy of Neurology's 66th Annual Meeting in Philadelphia.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'