Don`t save for future? You may also be ignoring health
Washington: If you are not inclined to save for the future, you may also have a tendency to ignore your health as researchers have found that poor physical health and financial health are driven by the same underlying psychological factors.
The decision to contribute to a retirement plan predicted whether or not an individual will act to correct poor physical health indicators, the findings showed.
Insufficient retirement funds and chronic health problems are at least partially driven by the same time discounting preferences, the researchers showed.
“We find that existing retirement contribution patterns and future health improvements are highly correlated,” said Lamar Pierce, associate professor of strategy at Washington University in St. Louis in the US.
The study appeared in the journal Psychological Science.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation