Dr Reddy`s launches antibiotic drug in US market
Hyderabad: Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd has launched Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride tablets in the US market for the treatment of a wide range of diseases, including pneumonia, bronchitis and skin infections.
The drug was launched yesterday following the approval by the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA), DRL said in a press release today.
The tablets, a generic version of Avelox 400 mg, are available in bottle counts of 30, it said.
Bayer's Avelox is indicated for the treatment of community acquired pneumonia (CAP), acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis (AECB), acute bacterial sinusitis (ABS), uncomplicated and complicated skin and skin structure infections (uSSSI and cSSSI), mild to moderate pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI), according to Avelox official website.
According to IMS Health, Avelox (moxifloxacin HCl) tablets had a sales figure of approximately USD 195 millions in 2013, the release said.
Shares of DRL were trading at Rs 2,800 apiece on the BSE during afternoon trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred