Dr Reddy`s launches antibiotic drug in US market
Hyderabad: Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd has launched Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride tablets in the US market for the treatment of a wide range of diseases, including pneumonia, bronchitis and skin infections.
The drug was launched yesterday following the approval by the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA), DRL said in a press release today.
The tablets, a generic version of Avelox 400 mg, are available in bottle counts of 30, it said.
Bayer's Avelox is indicated for the treatment of community acquired pneumonia (CAP), acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis (AECB), acute bacterial sinusitis (ABS), uncomplicated and complicated skin and skin structure infections (uSSSI and cSSSI), mild to moderate pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI), according to Avelox official website.
According to IMS Health, Avelox (moxifloxacin HCl) tablets had a sales figure of approximately USD 195 millions in 2013, the release said.
Shares of DRL were trading at Rs 2,800 apiece on the BSE during afternoon trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested