Dr Reddy`s launches antibiotic drug in US market
Hyderabad: Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd has launched Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride tablets in the US market for the treatment of a wide range of diseases, including pneumonia, bronchitis and skin infections.
The drug was launched yesterday following the approval by the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA), DRL said in a press release today.
The tablets, a generic version of Avelox 400 mg, are available in bottle counts of 30, it said.
Bayer's Avelox is indicated for the treatment of community acquired pneumonia (CAP), acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis (AECB), acute bacterial sinusitis (ABS), uncomplicated and complicated skin and skin structure infections (uSSSI and cSSSI), mild to moderate pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI), according to Avelox official website.
According to IMS Health, Avelox (moxifloxacin HCl) tablets had a sales figure of approximately USD 195 millions in 2013, the release said.
Shares of DRL were trading at Rs 2,800 apiece on the BSE during afternoon trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli
- Three Kosovans among dead in Munich shooting: Ministry
- Bangladeshi national held near international border in Jammu
- New 'talk therapy' cheap, effective for treating depression