Dr Reddy`s launches generic Parkinson`s drug in US
New Delhi: Dr Reddy`s Laboratories today said it has launched its generic Ropinirole Hydrochloride XR tablets used for treating Parkinson`s disease in the American market after receiving approval from the US health regulator.
The company has launched Ropinirole Hydrochloride XR (extended-release) tablets in the strengths of 2 mg, 4 mg, 6 mg, 8mg, and 12 mg in the US market, Dr Reddy`s said in a statement.
The launch follows approval by the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) for its abbreviated new drug application (ANDA).
The tablets are bio equivalent generic version of GlaxoSmithKline`s Requip XL tablets, it added.
Quoting IMS health, the company said that the Requip XL brand had sales of approximately USD 58 million in the American market for the twelve months ending March 2012.
The Hyderabad based firm`s Ropinirole Hydrochloride XR (extended-release) tablets in the strengths of 2 mg, 4 mg and 6 mg are available in 30 and 90 count bottle sizes while 8 mg and 12 mg strengths are available in 30 count bottle sizes.
Scrips of Dr Reddy`s Laboratories were today trading at Rs 1,618.80 per scrip in the afternoon trade on BSE, up 0.25 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- North Korea floats propaganda leaflets in river for 1st time
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested