Dr Reddy`s launches generic Zoledronic Acid injection in US
New Delhi: Drug firm Dr Reddy`s Laboratories today said it has launched generic Zoledronic Acid injection used for treating osteoporosis and Paget`s disease of bone in the US market following approval from the US health regulator.
The company has launched Zoledronic Acid injection (5 mg/ 100 mL) yesterday, following approval of its abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) by the US Food & Drug Administration (USFDA), Dr Reddy`s Laboratories said in a statement.
The product is generic version of Novartis AG`s Reclast injection in the same strength, it added.
"The Reclast brand had total US sales of approximately USD 355 million for the most recent twelve months ending February, 2013 according to IMS Health," Dr Reddy`s said.
The company`s Zoledronic Acid injection is available in a single use vial for intravenous infusion, it added.
Paget`s disease of bone is a chronic disorder that can result in enlarged and misshapen bones.
Shares of Dr Reddy`s Laboratories were today trading at Rs 1,888.60 apiece on the BSE in afternoon trade, up 2.93 per cent from their previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!