Dr Reddy`s launches Zoledronic Acid Injection in US market
New Delhi: Drug firm Dr Reddy`s Laboratories today said it has launched generic Zoledronic Acid injection in the American market following approval by the US health regulator.
The company has launched Zoledronic Acid injection in the strength of 4mg/5mL following the approval of its abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) by the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA), the company said in a statement.
The product is a generic version of Novartis Oncology`s Zometa (zoledronic acid) injection in the same strength.
Company`s injection is available in a single use vial of concentrate, Dr Reddy`s Laboratories said.
Zometa is used to prevent skeletal fractures in patients with cancers such as multiple myeloma and prostate cancer, as well as for treating osteoporosis.
Shares of Dr Reddy`s Laboratories were today quoting at Rs 1,792.40 apiece on the BSE in the late afternoon trade, up 1.60 per cent from their previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen