Dr Reddy`s launches Zoledronic Acid Injection in US market
New Delhi: Drug firm Dr Reddy`s Laboratories today said it has launched generic Zoledronic Acid injection in the American market following approval by the US health regulator.
The company has launched Zoledronic Acid injection in the strength of 4mg/5mL following the approval of its abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) by the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA), the company said in a statement.
The product is a generic version of Novartis Oncology`s Zometa (zoledronic acid) injection in the same strength.
Company`s injection is available in a single use vial of concentrate, Dr Reddy`s Laboratories said.
Zometa is used to prevent skeletal fractures in patients with cancers such as multiple myeloma and prostate cancer, as well as for treating osteoporosis.
Shares of Dr Reddy`s Laboratories were today quoting at Rs 1,792.40 apiece on the BSE in the late afternoon trade, up 1.60 per cent from their previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!