Dr Reddy`s, Sun Pharma get USFDA nod for heart disease drug
Hyderabad: Drug firms Dr Reddy`s Laboratories, Sun Pharma and Aurobindo Pharma today said they have received US health regulator`s approval to sell generic Plavix, used in treating heart diseases, in the American market.
Dr Reddy`s said it has launched clopidogrel tablets in the American market today after receiving approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA).
Clopidogrel tablets are the generic version of Sanofi Aventis` Plavix tablets.
Dr Reddy`s has received approval for tablets in strengths of 75 mg and 300 mg, while Aurobindo Pharma and Sun Pharma have received USFDA`s approval for the tablets in 75 mg strength.
According to IMS Health sales data, clopidogrel tablets had sales of around USD 6.74 billion in the US market for the twelve months ended March, 2012.
Dr Reddy`s said its 300 mg clopidogrel tablets have been awarded 180-days of marketing exclusivity in the US market.
The company said its product in 75 mg strength is available in bottle count sizes of 30, 90 and 500 while 300 mg strength drug is available in blister packs of 30 count.
Clopidogrel tablets fall under the cardio-vascular therapeutic segment and is recommended for the prevention of various heart ailments including peripheral arterial disease.
Shares of Dr Reddy`s Laboratories were trading at Rs 1,657.40 on the BSE in afternoon trade, down 0.27 per cent from its previous close. While scrips of Aurobindo Pharma were up 0.99 per cent on the BSE at Rs 107.20, those of Sun Pharma rose 0.39 per cent at Rs 582.50 in the afternoon trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt