Drink green coffee `to lose weight`
London: Want to shed flab? Drink green
coffee daily, says a new study.
Researchers have carried out the study and found that
chlorogenic acid from green coffee causes significant levels
of weight loss -- the drink works by reducing sugar absorption
from the gut and speeding up the rate at which fat is burned.
In a four-week trial assessing Coffee Shape, the
researchers found that those who drank one cup a day lost 3.5
pounds in two weeks, and 4.45 pounds in a month. That compares
to drinkers of standard coffee, who on average lose just 0.3lb
in two weeks compared to those who drink no coffee at all.
Laurent Fresnel, of ATP Life, makers of Coffee Shape,
was quoted by the `Daily Mail` as saying: "Green coffee is
similar to green tea. In its raw, unroasted form, it is rich
in plant molecules that speed metabolism and aid weight loss.
"These molecules of chlorogenic acid are strong
antioxidants that appear to have other health benefits too.
Unfortunately, they are destroyed in the roasting process, so
are not found in high levels in regular coffee."
The findings of this study have been published in the
`American Journal of Clinical Nutrition`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened