Drink green coffee `to lose weight`
London: Want to shed flab? Drink green
coffee daily, says a new study.
Researchers have carried out the study and found that
chlorogenic acid from green coffee causes significant levels
of weight loss -- the drink works by reducing sugar absorption
from the gut and speeding up the rate at which fat is burned.
In a four-week trial assessing Coffee Shape, the
researchers found that those who drank one cup a day lost 3.5
pounds in two weeks, and 4.45 pounds in a month. That compares
to drinkers of standard coffee, who on average lose just 0.3lb
in two weeks compared to those who drink no coffee at all.
Laurent Fresnel, of ATP Life, makers of Coffee Shape,
was quoted by the `Daily Mail` as saying: "Green coffee is
similar to green tea. In its raw, unroasted form, it is rich
in plant molecules that speed metabolism and aid weight loss.
"These molecules of chlorogenic acid are strong
antioxidants that appear to have other health benefits too.
Unfortunately, they are destroyed in the roasting process, so
are not found in high levels in regular coffee."
The findings of this study have been published in the
`American Journal of Clinical Nutrition`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees