Drink green coffee `to lose weight`
London: Want to shed flab? Drink green
coffee daily, says a new study.
Researchers have carried out the study and found that
chlorogenic acid from green coffee causes significant levels
of weight loss -- the drink works by reducing sugar absorption
from the gut and speeding up the rate at which fat is burned.
In a four-week trial assessing Coffee Shape, the
researchers found that those who drank one cup a day lost 3.5
pounds in two weeks, and 4.45 pounds in a month. That compares
to drinkers of standard coffee, who on average lose just 0.3lb
in two weeks compared to those who drink no coffee at all.
Laurent Fresnel, of ATP Life, makers of Coffee Shape,
was quoted by the `Daily Mail` as saying: "Green coffee is
similar to green tea. In its raw, unroasted form, it is rich
in plant molecules that speed metabolism and aid weight loss.
"These molecules of chlorogenic acid are strong
antioxidants that appear to have other health benefits too.
Unfortunately, they are destroyed in the roasting process, so
are not found in high levels in regular coffee."
The findings of this study have been published in the
`American Journal of Clinical Nutrition`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Huge controversy breaks out as Mangaluru college bans hijab, beard; protests on
- The journey has just begun! Sachin Tendulkar lauds Rio winners, predicts greater acheivements
- Turkish warplanes, artillery hit targets in north Syria: Sources
- Luxury car makers Mercedes, Audi, JLR rush to bring in petrol variants
- Special education programme for disabled in Delhi govt schools