Drinking milk every day ‘keeps cancer at bay’
London: A new research has found that kids who drink milk are 40 per cent less likely to suffer bowel cancer as adults.
Scientists from New Zealand found that half a pint of milk a day had a powerful protective effect against the cancer.
The key to its anti-cancer effects lies in daily consumption over long periods.
“Our results suggest daily consumption of milk in childhood may reduce bowel cancer incidence, possibly by the action of calcium,” the Daily Express quoted associate Professor Brian Cox, who led the research, as saying.
Experts believe calcium helps kill off cancer cells and accumulating a supply in the system can help to ward off the disease.
The team discovered pupils were 40 per cent less likely to suffer a tumour later in life if they had milk every day for six years or more.
The study was published last week in the American Journal of Epidemiology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Man arrested over Australia `terror` plot
- WATCH: Hazel Keech cheered from stands as Yuvraj Singh rediscovered form during SRH vs KKR match
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved