Dutch women advised to remove breast implants
The Hague: Women in the Netherlands have been advised to remove their breast implants as a precaution because they raise the risk of ruptures and other complications.
Women who had received the faulty PIP or M-implant brand of breast implants, as well as those whose implants have no problems so far were advised to have them removed.
Last week, Germany and the Czech Republic joined the French health ministry in recommending that women should remove their breast implants made by bankrupt French company Poly Implant Prostheses (PIP).
German medical groups said although the implants do not pose any immediate health threat, they do raise the risk of ruptures and other complications, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
The Dutch health organisations emphasized it`s up to the women themselves to make the decision. If they choose to keep their implants, they need a regular check-up.
In the Netherlands, between 1,000 and 1,400 women have PIP implants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490