Dwelling on stressful events may raise inflammation levels in body by 20 pc
Washington: By thinking about past stressful events, people basically recreate a stressor in their mind, a study has revealed.
Study author Peggy Zoccola from the department of Psychology of Ohio University said that stress can lead to changes in people`s body, their heart rate, blood pressure, or cortisol levels and thinking about a stressful circumstance can activate that same set of responses in the body, Fox News reported.
She said that while occasionally stewing over something doesn`t cause the kind of inflammation, which is considered high-risk for cardiovascular disease and other illnesses, constantly doing it could make people more vulnerable to inflammation-related disorders.
According to a study from the University of Kansas , if a person is freaking out, the individual should just slap a smile on their face, as even just faking a grin can help reduce stress responses and lower their heart rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley